As important as the use of the screed pump is it’s cleaning and maintenance. Given below are the standard steps to be followed in washing a screed pump.
Washing the screed pump
- Place the discharge tripod with the screed pipe still connected into a skip or designated wash out facility.
- Place a protective polythene layer around the tripod to contain water and grout splashing when its discharged.
- Fill the mixing vessel with water whilst it’s running and leave the blades turning.
- Once its full, you can now discharge the water. Ensure that somebody is holding the tripod whilst discharging.
- The pump can now be switched off, blades disengaged, air relief valve opened to ensure any compressed air is released.
- Remove the screed pipe at the outlet.
- Remove the safety grill and flush out the vessel.
- Thoroughly wash the whole screed pump externally and scrub all areas to remove screed contamination.
- The machine is now ready for the next use.