What you need to know about Underfloor Heating
Constructing a floor suitable to house Underfloor heating can test the skill of even the most experienced screeder. Our What you need to know guide on Underfloor heating covers the pitfalls that you need to be aware of.
- A cross section of afloor constructed for underfloor heating : http://www.screedscientist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/UFH-WikiVersion.jpg
- Designing a floor for underfloor heating: http://www.screedscientist.com/screeding-under-floor-heating/design-tips-for-screed-over-ufh/
- Some reinforcement are better suited to Underfloor heating than others: http://www.screedscientist.com/tips-on-choosing-screed-reinforcement/
- Don’t forget that underfloor heating needs a thermal insulation separating layer. http://www.screedscientist.com/installation-of-rigid-floor-insulation-on-ground-floor-concrete-substrates-to-receive-screed/
- Ensuring the screed is dry is just as important for underfloor heating http://www.screedscientist.com/screeding-under-floor-heating/optimum-drying-time-for-ufh-screeds/